7.30.2010

French toast and fishing worms

OK, so this photo was not taken in Wine Country. But this is why I love to travel America's state highways and leave the interstates to the big trucks. This sign/door greeted drivers in the parking lot of a busy cafe in a tiny Oklahoma town, along a lonely state road. I was intrigued that a plethora of fishing worms might be in such close proximity to the restroom, and be given equal billing as well. Are the worms perhaps in the restroom? I didn't ask. I did dine in this establishment, however, which had charming mismatched coffee cups bearing logos from other businesses and faraway hotels. Against my better judgment (this was also the back door into the restaurant's kitchen), but nearly faint from hunger, I enjoyed a delicious early-morning, stick-to-the-ribs breakfast. But did not have the fortitude to go looking for those worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment